Links for Hudson County New Jersey Genealogy. This blog will post any new updates added to my website or news. If you have a link for Hudson County, please see my email address listed on my website.
Feb 4, 2013
Scanning
You've probably done this already but this is for those that haven't. I keep seeing ads, articles and blogs for scanners, especially some mini-flip pal ?? or something.
I used my phone. I got mine in May 2012 so it's probably old already.
It's a Motorola Droid using Verizon but the part you will need is the CamScanner App. It's free!
One program to take the photo, crop and save it on your phone or send it wherever you want.
For anyone using iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), I've also used an app called "Scan Pages" (free) to scan using the device's camera and then another free app "ImageToText" to convert scanned text pages to a text document. The app will then email the text file to the address of your choosing. There may be better iOS apps out there to do this but free is good too! (from Joe M)
Ed